Overall results: CHESNO analysed 430 candidates from safe portions of party tickets of the 6 leading parties, and detected 242 candidates who violated at least 1 of the 4 CHESNO criteria. For instance, there are 105 violators out of 120 analysed candidates on the ticket of the Party of Regions; 74 out of 120 on the ticket of the Za Batkivshchynu United Opposition, 19 out of 70 on the ticket of the UDAR Party; 23 out of 70 on the ticket of the Communist Party of Ukraine, 9 out of 25 on the ticket of the All-Ukrainian Union Svoboda, and 12 out of 25 on the ticket of the Ukrayina Vpered party.
Party leaders: according to CHESNO, Nataliia Korolevska, leader of the Ukrayina Vpered Party breached 4 out of 4 criteria; Mykola Azarov, the top candidate on the ticket of the Party of Regions, violated 2 out of 4 criteria; Petro Symonenko, leader of the Communist Party, violated 2 out of 4 criteria; Oleh Tiahnybok, leader of Svoboda, violated 1 out of 4 criteria. The CHESNO campaign did not find confirmed information about the violation of criteria by Arsenii Yatseniuk, leader of the Za Batkivshchynu United Opposition, and Vitali Klitschko, leader of the UDAR Party.
Top Violators on Party Tickets:
· 4 out of 4 / Nataliia Korolevska (Ukrayina Vpered!).
· 3 out of 4 / Party of Regions: Mykola Bahraiev, Yurii Ivaniushchenko, Valerii Bondyk, Henadii Vasylyev, Volodymyr Malyshev, Yakiv Tabachnyk, Viktor Yanukovych, Tariel Vasadze, Andrii Verevskyi, Yevhen Sihal, Yurii Miroshnychenko. Za Batkivshchynu United Opposition: Kostiantyn Bondariev, Serhii Vlasenko, Mykhailo Sokolov, Oleksandr Abdulin, Henadii Moskal, Oleksandr Dubovoi. Communist Party of Ukraine: Ihor Alekseiev, Spiridon Kilinkarov.
· 5 out of 6 / Za Batkivshchynu United Opposition: Kostiantyn Bondariev, Serhii Vlasenko, Mykhailo Sokolov, Oleksandr Abdulin, Henadii Moskal, Oleksandr Dubovoi.
· 5 out of 6 / Communist Party of Ukraine: Ihor Alekseiev, Spiridon Kilinkarov.
"Favourite" violations by party candidates:
· 73 candidates of the Party of Regions and 48 candidates of the Za Batkivshchyny United Opposition - violated the "No involvement into corruption" criterion.
· Representatives of the Communist Party of Ukraine take the lead in terms of the number of the submitted draft laws threatening human rights and freedoms (4 candidates).
· The following parties take the lead in terms of the number of violations of human rights and freedoms (in relative terms): the Party of Regions: 32 violators out of 120 candidates analysed; Svoboda: 6 out of 25.
· The Communist Party of Ukraine has the same number of violators as Svoboda in terms of the "hate speech" (the "Clean record on human rights and freedoms" criterion).
"Clean record on human rights and freedoms" criterion: the party-ticket candidates most often have encroached upon life and health of people and interfered with professional activities of journalists. Raiding events are the runner up among violations. The use of the "hate speech" ranked third.
"No involvement in corruption" criterion: the vote buying is the most frequent violation of this criterion. Most often it is committed by constituency candidates. The embezzlement of the state-owned property and the abuse of authority ranked second and third respectively.
"Transparency and consistency between income and asset declarations, and the lifestyle" criterion: the analysis performed by CHESNO points toward non-transparent declarations by candidates. Other issues include the concealment of real profits and the registration of the property to the name of relatives.
"Firmness of the political stance based on the loyalty to the mandate" criterion: CHESNO found out that most candidates who changed their political affiliation during the current convocation run in constituencies. Only 4 violators of this criterion out of the current MPs run on the ticket of the Party of Regions.
Reaction of parties to the analysis: on 19 September, the results of the analysis of party tickets were issued to the parties for the familiarisation and issue of comments for 3 days before the publication. Objections were received from 3 political parties. 9 objections out of 16 sent by Svoboda were incorporated; in case of UDAR, 16 out of 27 objections were incorporated; in case of Za Batkivshchyny United Opposition - 1 objection was partly incorporated and 1 more was rejected.
Detailed profiles of party-ticket candidates are accessible on the updated chesno.org web site.
The audit of party tickets was carried out by the analytical team of CHESNO in order to provide voters with an opportunity to access various and impartial information needed for making a conscious, informed and free choice (Article ст.63 of the Law of Ukraine "On Election of People's Deputies of Ukraine"). The audit was carried out in accordance with the MP Candidate Integrity Assessment Methodology, which is free from any ideological component or bias against or in favour of any person.